Twirling in College
Shelby Starlets Baton Fall 2012 Registration Information
· All baton class registration and other fees (EXCEPT those for Creekview and RiversideBaptist) should be made out to ShelbyStarlets Baton and sent to the Studio at 109 Cloverdale Drive, Alabaster, AL 35007. Registrations for Creekview and Riverside Baptist, and any other of Mrs. Rebecca’s classes should be made out to Rebecca Gladney and sent to 4368 Creek Trace, Bessemer, AL 35022.
· Fall classes begin the week of Labor Day, but please be aware that all classes held at the schools will be about HALF their normal size since we now have the studio classes (so please don't wait too late to register!)
· Studio Advantages/Cost Difference : Classes held at the school sites are more expensive for us now because of the extra teachers involved and Shelby County rent requirements, so class tuition will be slightly increased. Studio classes will be $45.00/month and classes at your school sites will be $50.00/month. Also, to accommodate those who have to drive to the studio, we will offer1-hour classes at the studio, and our school-site classes will remain 45-minutes. Plus, with studio classes you will have only the one $ 25.00 registration fee since you won’t be required to register with ASCP.
· We will be offering ALL levels of baton at the Studio on Tuesdays, plus beginner ballet, private lessons, and eventually, tumbling classes as well!
2012 Fall Baton Class Schedule
Tuesdays: Montevallo Elementary - Baton 1 - 3:00 - Lead Teachers: Mrs. Chiffon and Ms. Carrie
Tuesdays: Montevallo Elementary - Baton 2 - 4:00 - Lead Teacher: Ms. Carrie
Tuesdays: Studio - Baton 1 (for K-2nd graders) - 4:30 - Lead Teacher: Mrs. Jamie
Tuesdays: Studio - Baton 2 (for 3rd-5th graders) - 6:30 - LeadTeacher: Mrs. Jamie - WAIT LIST
Tuesdays: Studio - Baton 3 (instructor permission required) - 7:15 - Lead Teacher: Mrs. Jamie - WAIT LIST
Tuesdays: Studio - Baton 4 (instructor permission required) - 8:15 - Lead Teacher: Mrs. Jamie
Tuesdays: Studio - Beginner Ballet - 7:45 - Lead Teacher: Ms. Jennifer
Wednesdays: Meadowview Elem. - Baton 1 - (K-3rd graders) - 3:00 - Lead Teacher: Mrs. Chiffon - WAIT LIST
Wednesdays: Thompson Int. - Baton 2 - (4th and 5th graders) - 4:30 - Lead Teacher: Mrs. Chiffon
Thursdays: Helena Elem. - Baton 1 - (K-2nd graders) - 3:00 - Lead Teacher: Ms. Carrie
Thursdays: Helena Int. - Baton 2 - (3rd-5th graders) - 4:30 - Lead Teacher: Ms. Carrie
Thursdays: Creekview Elem. - Baton 1- (K-3rd graders) - 3:00 - Lead Teacher: Mrs. Rebecca
Thursdays: Riverside Baptist - Baton 1/2 - 4:30 - Lead Teacher: Mrs. Rebecca
Thursdays: Riverside Baptist - Baton 3 - 5:15 - Lead Teacher: Mrs. Rebecca
*** All teacher bios will be updated to the website asap so you can get to know your teachers!
· Classes at the Studio : $25.00 total (Baton Sign Up Fee of $25.00 which includes t-shirt)
· Classes at ShelbyCounty School Sites : $50.00 total (Baton Sign Up Fee of $25.00 which includes t-shirt; ASCP Enrichment Class Reg. Fee of $25.00 which is REQUIRED for all school-site students K-5 )
How to Reserve a Spot:
1. Fillout After School Care ENRICHMENTCLASS paperwork (
Click HERE for link
) and mail it with a check with your registration (see above) payable to Shelby Starlets, 109Cloverdale Drive, Alabaster, AL 35007. (Except Mrs. Rebecca’s students- see above)
2. Register your twirler online ASAP (link below) so that we know your registration is in the mail and so that she/he can be in our system and receive email news.
3. Attend the parent meeting at the studio one week prior to the start of class to order batons, costumes, etc.
***Note: If you would like to have a new baton for your twirler’s first class and are unsure of what length to order, feel free to stop by the studio before school starts and we can measure and order for you! Otherwise you can wait and order at our August Parent meeting, but Batons won’t arrive until the second class. Baton cost is $30.00 and includes taping.
***We are about to open a private re-sell site on Facebook where you can go to advertise used baton items that you would like to buy or sell!
Click Here to Begin Online Registration!
Last Updated July 15th, 2012